A colorful fruit salad packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C for healthy, younger looking skin. Don't you love how the core of the kiwis made a natural heart shape? I love using bright contrasting colors in my fruit salads. It almost makes me feel like I'm tasting the rainbow! The mix of sweet blackberries and strawberries with a tinge of tangy sourness from the kiwi makes this trio a light and delicious meal!
Health Benefits of Kiwi:
- Kiwi fruit provides an excellent source of vitamin C (more than oranges) and is especially important in respiratory-related health problems including wheezing, shortness of breath, asthma and coughing.
- Kiwi fruits contain about as much potassium as bananas.
- Kiwi offers a very good source of fiber which is why it is useful in decreasing the probability of colon cancer. Fiber has also been proven to reduce cholesterol levels, improving the conditions of patients with cardiovascular diseases and lowering the probability of heart attacks.
- Kiwi's black seeds can be crushed to produce kiwi fruit oil, which is very rich in Alfa-Linoleic Acid (an important Omega-3 essential fatty acid).
- Kiwi is also rich in flavonoids that help protect our cells from oxidative damage, and are therefore considered very helpful in protecting our DNA from mutations and damage.
- Kiwi can help protect us from age related muscular degeneration.
- Kiwi is rich in phytonutrients which prevent blood clotting and control fatty acid levels in your blood.
- When kiwi juice is mix with water and vodka it can be use as astringent to help tighten and tone the skin.